Handmade Sellers University: Etsy 101
Are you ready to hear the Etsy “Cha Ching”?!
Etsy 101 is a course designed specifically for someone who wants to open an Etsy shop or someone who may have recently opened a shop but isn’t quite sure if it’s set up in the best way possible to maximize sales. In 6 weeks we will work to get your shop up and running so that you can start making consistent sales!
Look, you don’t know what you don’t know, right? That’s why I’m here. To tell you what you may be missing when it comes to setting up your Etsy shop. No one comes to Etsy knowing how to do it all correctly at first. I definitely didn’t! My first few years I barely sold anything because I didn’t know what I was doing. But then I did my research, bought countless tutorials, and spent hours and hours learning and experimenting in my own shop. This course is based on my years of experience and research. In just 6 weeks you will get from no shop to a shop with at least one or two listings! AND you’ll have the framework setup to easily add more listings! Just getting the shop set up and the first item listed is the hardest part. I’ll show you how to get there and then you’ll be able to take what you’ve learned and run with it!
Why should you learn from me?
I was in your shoes just 4 years ago. I’m not someone who has been doing this for years and years and has forgotten what the beginning stages look like. I’ve been where you are now, not too long ago. But over the past 4 years it has been my passion to learn the tips and tricks to Etsy. I have figured out what works and I want to share everything I’ve learned with you.
Did you know that the average conversion rate on Etsy is 1-3%? That means that for every 100-300 views in your shop you *should* get one sale. Therefore, one of the most important ways to get sales is to get eyes on your shop. This course will show you exactly how to setup your shop and listings in order to get a larger number of views in your shop.
Who is this course for?
- Someone who wants to learn how to open an Etsy shop
- Someone who wants to have an Etsy shop that is setup correctly and with all the aspects needed for proper SEO
- Someone who doesn’t understand the “techie” side to Etsy
- Someone who wants all the best information about Etsy in ONE place for easy reference
Who is this course NOT for?
- Someone who wants to get rich quick
- Someone who considers themselves an “advanced” Etsy shop owner
- Someone who doesn’t want to learn or do the work
You may be asking - “Why would I sell on Etsy if selling on Facebook works for me?”
The answer is Etsy is a marketplace of 37 million shoppers. Buyers come to Etsy for the purpose of purchasing something. Individuals come to Facebook to use it as a social connection - not necessarily to purchase something. Selling on Etsy gives you access to a new and larger market of shoppers. On Etsy you can reach more price ranges and buyers with more styles and tastes. If selling locally or on Facebook is working for you then keep doing it! Etsy doesn’t have to be INSTEAD OF. It can be IN ADDITION TO what you’re already doing. It’s a way to expand the business you currently have!
Let me help you by debunking a few Etsy myths:
- “Etsy is too saturated” - Yes there are many sellers on Etsy. However, the market is only saturated at the beginner level. If you want to stand apart from the rest you need to learn how to list your products effectively and how to use free social media platforms to drive the traffic to your shop. There is much less competition among sellers who have perfected their shop and their listings.
- “Etsy’s fees are too high” - Actually Etsy has one of the least expensive fee structures (when compared to Amazon Handmade and Ebay).
- “I tried listing a few things on Etsy but they never sold so it must not work” - Did you have your shop setup correctly? Were you driving traffic from social media? How was your SEO? There are a lot of reasons it may not have worked for you but I have sold over 2,300 items on Etsy since I opened my shop so I can tell you it DOES work if you set it up correctly.
- “You can only be successful if you do Facebook lives” - You don’t have to do Facebook lives! Facebook lives are a good free way to help you get more followers on your Facebook page which in turn means more views to your Etsy shop. But there are other ways to get views and we’ll talk about them all in the course.
My Etsy history by the numbers:
- On Etsy since 2014
- 2,300+ sales on Etsy
- 365 Etsy Seller eBooks sold (as of today)
- 160+ members in the Etsy Coaching Membership group
- 150+ Etsy shop reviews/startups completed in the last year
- Featured in the January/February 2018 edition of the magazine First for Women
- Asked to speak as an Etsy expert in the following groups/pages: Jennifer Allwood Inner Circle, Damon’s Inner Circle, Julie’s Inner Circle, Southern A-Door-nments Decor, Rhonda’s Creative Circle, Polka Dot Wreath Co, Kelea’s Design School, Junk Monkey Paint Co, Debi’s Creative Corner
- Speaking as an Etsy expert at the Social Media Marketing Made Easy conference in April 2019
- Speaking as an Etsy expert at the Crafters Convention in June 2019.
What’s included with the course?
The course will be a mixture of prerecorded and live trainings each of the 6 weeks in a private Facebook group. Resource tools and PDF handouts will also be available for you to download. Then we will have a live Q&A call each week to go over the trainings from that week. You’ll be able to ask any and all questions you have regarding an Etsy shop. Don’t have time to get to the trainings one week? Don’t worry! The videos and posts will be available for you for at least 6 months. I know we’re all busy and sometimes you can’t get to everything right away so I want to make sure you have access for a long time. BUT, I don’t want you to drag your feet! The goal is to get your shop up and running!
- 30 minute coaching call ($50 value) - available for the first 10 paid registrants only
- Shipping PDF - how to keep your shipping costs low
- Supplier List - all the suppliers I use in my wreath business
- How to find your target market - 5 great tips to find your ideal customer
- Free copy of my Etsy Sellers eBook (19.99 value)
- Pic Editing for up to 5 photos
Money back guarantee:
I know you will get a lot of valuable information in this course. But, if for whatever reason you are not happy please contact me at email@example.com within the first 14 days and I will refund you 100% of your money. So you’ve literally got nothing to lose :)
The course is closed right now but will be opening up in the summer!
Still not convinced that I can help your with your Etsy shop? Check out a few of the reviews on my Etsy ebook and shop review services --